Friday, December 21, 2012

The Swatini - my very own Holiday Cocktail

So, if you follow my page on Facebook, you know that I was determined to come up with a cocktail for my book club group meeting this evening to celebrate the holiday season.  Here's what I came up with......

Let's call it the Swatini......why not!!  No self confidence issues here.....


Ingredients

2 Cups Williams-Sonoma Pomegranate Cherry Margarita mix
2 Cups Vodka (I used Ketel One 'cause that's what I had)
50 ml St. Germain
Juice of one Orange (I used a Naval)
Juice of one Lime
1/4 tsp Fleur de Sel


Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and serve over ice in whatever glasses you have on hand.  I used the stemless wine glasses.  I like my cocktails on the tart side so you may want to add some sugar or honey, but I must tell you that there wasn't a drop left and this one was a big hit!!!!  Some even switched from the delicious Rioja to the Swatini!!!

The book we discussed for all of 20 generous minutes - Gone Girl.

Cheers!!




1 comment:

  1. By the way, if you don't live near a Williams Sonoma or can't find the mix, the recipe works just as well with 1 Cup Pomegranate juice and 1 Cup Tart Cherry juice which I found at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. - S

    ReplyDelete