Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring is here......get out and enjoy!!

As you may have noticed this blogger has been quiet for a while.  It's not that there hasn't been anything to write about, but more that life has been busy and stressful - personally & professionally.  At times like these something's got to give and for me it was blogging, amongst a few other things.  But don't worry I'll be back with you very soon.  There are so many parties, plans and food events on the horizon that I would be remiss if I didn't share at least a few of them with you.  Thank you all for following and do share your comments with us if you can.  Remember you can comment anonymously if you prefer and don't forget to hit the Facebook Like button to catch my posts on there as well.  For now I leave you with this brief post.

As this beautiful weather continues, all I can think about is the outdoors and all the wonderful food related activities that come with it - BBQs, picnics, summer parties, margaritas & mojitos (yes they are food), etc.  One of my favorite things to do in great weather is to find restaurants with outdoor seating and great food and chill out for an evening.  We are finally catching up to the Europeans on this concept as more and more restaurants are making the effort to offer outdoor dining.  The European countries have been doing this for many years and yet for some reason it has taken far too long for us to catch on to this wonderful experience.  I for one am thrilled that this trend is finding its way here so that we can all enjoy the beautiful weather as much as possible.  I must say that I am partial to the Northeast and think that we have the most perfect weather in the world and would never want to give up any of the seasons we are lucky enough to experience each year.  But as much as I love the winter snow (not that we had any this year), let's get back to the topic at hand......

Here are a few tips to make the most of the outdoors this year:

  • Plan as many picnics as possible.  They are most fun in a group. 
  • Use your outdoor space. I use my patio for breakfast, lunch, tea, a glass of wine, and of course dinners.
  • Grow your own mint in a large pot.  Why you ask? To make mojitos of course.  There's nothing better than a refreshing mojito on a hot day.
  • Bike ride or walk to your favorite restaurants.
  • Host and attend as many outdoor parties as possible. Nice weather is awesome when shared with others.  Don't forget to invite me!!!!
  • Click on the link below to check out some of these restaurants in NYC that offer outdoor dining and don't forget to let us know how they are if you try one:

Enjoy the gorgeous weather and lookout for my next post coming soon!!

Swati

No comments:

Post a Comment