Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recipe: Cranberry Chutney

It has been some time since my last post as it has taken a few weeks to recover from the effects of the storm.  Thanksgiving has arrived suddenly and I'm sure you are all getting ready to prepare your meals and give thanks for so many good things this year.  I will post a full blog about our family Thanksgiving meal but for now I wanted to post the Cranberry Chutney recipe I promised on my Facebook page yesterday.

Ingredients

1 pkg cranberries
Juice & zest of one orange
1 pear or apple peeled, cored and diced finely
1 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper (ground) Optional
Pinch ground cloves
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger

Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot and cook on medium heat until cranberries pop.  Lower heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until thickened stirring frequently to ensure it does not stick.  Store overnight and serve with your turkey.  Sugar can be adjusted depending on the level of tartness desired.  This recipe will yield approximately 3 cups of chutney.  I used pear this time but the apple variation tastes great too.

If you make it, please add your feedback in comments.  Would love to hear if you varied it and what you thought of it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Swati

No comments:

Post a Comment